An S8080 usability expert review (also known as a heuristics appraisal) will assess your website against several important usability criteria.
It’s a fast, lean and very cost effective way to improve your website and your user’s experience. It’s all about ‘quick wins’ if you are not ready for, or don’t have the budget for a full end-to-end usability testing process.
Our usability experts will use your personas to interrogate your IA to make sure the content they need is easily discoverable. They will evaluate your website for ease of use, learnability, terminology and navigation. Persuasiveness, cross selling and your calls to action will be tested. They’ll look at key tasks, functionality and content and make sure they are aligned with your user journeys. Finally we cover visual design, brand cohesion, visual consistency and perform a competitor and peer review, looking for gaps and areas of weakness in your online offering.
Our expert review advice – what you’ll get
Our comprehensive and very visual review document not only gives expert insight into all aspects of your website and its usability, it will recommend prioritised areas of improvement, giving you an actionable development roadmap, full of ideas for improving performance and the user experience.
Our recommendations will be prioritised high, medium and low – and will help you understand if something is a ‘quick’ win or a more involved undertaking. It can be something as simple as changing signposting or renaming a navigation tab. But it could also mean correcting fundamental failings in a check-out process or reworking whole sections of your information architecture.
When should you do a usability expert review?
Of course, we can perform an expert review for you at any time, but to be honest, you’ll get the best value from an expert review when:
- You feel that your site or certain areas of your site are underperforming – your analytics and dissatisfied users will usually confirm this for you
- You are considering redeveloping your website and want to make improvements to user journeys and process flows
- You have evidence of dropout points, sticking points or obstacles that stop your users completing essential tasks or finding important content
- Feedback has told you that your navigation is not intuitive and you get lots of support calls about hard to find content
- Your competitor or peer sites appear to be doing things a lot better than you
S8080 is renowned for its unique and comprehensive user experience design (UX) processes. Our aims are simple - to tightly align your website objectives and your audience needs - this ensures that whatever we create for you is optimised for your users and will perform exactly as expected. Everything we do is centred around them.
An expert review, undertaken by our experienced UX consultants, will identify problems quickly, cost effectively and thoroughly, so your audience will not only consume but engage with your content.