This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to S8080, Technium 1, Kings Road, Swansea SA1 8PH.
We collect certain information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Your preferences
- Website usage data
- Your IP address on server logs
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand how our website is used, enabling us to deliver an improved website experience. Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve or website and the products and services we provide
- To customise the website for you
- To protect against malicious behaviour or unauthorised access
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
You can set your cookie preferences for S8080’s website using our Cookie Control functionality. Cookie Control is a mechanism for controlling user consent for the use of our cookies on your computer.
Cookies used on this site:
- Google Analytics
- Vimeo Player
Log files are maintained on S8080’s web servers. Log files automatically capture your IP address.
We store log files for up to 6 months.
We may use this data to improve the usability of our website, but we will not use this information to try and identify individuals or organisations unless we suspect attempted malicious behaviour or unauthorised access. By using our site, you give us permission to interrogate logs to protect against malicious behaviour or unauthorised access.
We do not share this data with any third parties unless the law requires us to do so.
S8080 are ISO/IEC 27001 certified. We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the s8080.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.