S8080 recently redeveloped and launched the new site for Dorset Police, delivered through the G-Cloud framework. The redesign and development will help Dorset’s citizens access police services online more easily. The re-organisation of the information architecture reduced the page clutter, prioritising hard the top user tasks, and the site was built for mobile devices which account for the largest proportion of users.
What we did to help (the short version):
- Discovery, technical meetings, UX persona development and a number of user workshops followed by detailed information architecture and wireframes
- UX focus to simplify the site and re-prioritise information based on users’ top tasks, and promote channel shift to reporting online
- Creative design with a focus on a clean responsive/adaptive layout for mobiles
- Umbraco CMS setup and template integration, technical installation and module development to web and accessibility standards;
- Document management system including workflow, publishing, archiving, permissions and notifications
- Development of Safer Policing mapping tool, allowing users to find their local team and the area’s current priorities. See Neighbourhood policing.
- Development of online reporting forms
- Lots more technical Umbraco development and integration of third party systems
- Hosting specification and assistance in the setup and configuration
- Security testing
- All wrapped up with lots of project management, an agile approach to the project, testing, QA and ongoing support and maintenance
Take a peek: Dorset Police
I’m very pleased with the work that has been completed… and appreciate the simplicity and transparency of your billing approach
Nick Cloke, Head of Communications & Engagement