When we were asked by Alzheimer’s Research UK to develop a new WordPress blogging platform for the third sector organisation, which is close to the heart of Matt, we jumped at the chance.
The aim was to create a site to really help increase the awareness of dementia, and how Alzheimer’s Research UK as the leading dementia research charity fund world-class scientific research to find preventions, treatments and a cure for dementia.
The blog is an area for staff to touch on subjects in their areas of expertise and guest bloggers including Sir Terry Pratchett to discuss dementia issues that are important to them.
It was important that the blog would include comments, work responsively on mobiles as well as it does on laptops and iPads, link to donations and have lots of social connections.
What we did in a nutshell
- UX advice on persona generation
- Information architecture and wireframe development
- Creative design with focus on a responsive/adaptive layout for mobiles, iPads alongside traditional laptops
- WordPress content management system setup and deployment, tagging, social sharing, commenting, workflow and lots of analytics
- Hosting architecture and detailed technical analysis of load and server resourcing fused with cunning optimisation and performance enhancements
- All pulled together by our legendary project management and lean agency approach to ensure the project ran smoothly and was deployed ahead of schedule and in budget.
Take a peek: dementiablog.org
Thanks again for all the team’s help on the Blog, staff buy in and public reaction has been fantastic here, and as far as project managing the project from my end, it was a breeze working with S8080.
You have a fantastic crew of people there, and I’m not the only person in ARUK to have noticed this!
James Odell – Alzheimer's Research UK