S8080 were asked to draw on their extensive user experience skills to bring a user centred design approach to help reorganise, redesign and rebuild a new website on a Enterprise level CMS for CITB Construction skills, and to integrate it into existing 3rd party systems.
The project included significant cross organisation stakeholder sessions at each stage of the process. Our UX team ran extensive lab based user testing sessions at the IA, wire frame and pre go live stages of the project to ensure the project continued to focus on user needs and user wants.
Through the creative phase design guidelines and briefs were developed by our creative team and ran through stakeholder sessions.
During the technical build phase our front end and back end technical developers worked on EpiServer CMS, the chosen platform to build the bespoke layouts and templates and themes, and our .NET team the technical interactions, microsites and interfaced into numerous web services and third party systems.
What we did to help - in a nutshell:
- Detailed scoping, extensive workshops, persona generation and strategy sessions
- Detailed content audit and inventory of the current website
- Information architecture and user journey development and refinement
- User testing – lab based card sorting
- Detailed wire frames and stakeholder sessions, technical alignment and scoping session
- Creative briefing, development of creative brief and strategy
- Creative web design and production of numerous design routes along with style guides and optimisation plan
- Front end development of templates and themes to government standards, including accessibility testing and pan disability testing
- Bespoke development of Welsh functionality
- Development, integration and deployment of EpiServer CMS
- Bespoke technical development of web services and third party integration
- All wrapped up with lots of project management, testing, QA and support
Some more detail on harnessing the power of EpiServer CMS
Just a few of the key tasks our EpiServer developers worked on:
- Integration of the SaaS version of Episerver Find (indexing of content and search facility)
- Integration of Composer for design view updates and content manipulation
- Integration with bespoke client Web Services for custom search / form functionality
- Built suite of bespoke functions to further extend the capabilities of Composer
- Built a series of additional microsites all hosted and managed centrally in the same CMS
Take a peek at the end result: citb.co.uk
S8080 are by a long way the best digital agency I’ve ever worked with. They worked with us, very much in partnership, in a very supportive way on a very large complex project with lots of issues (none of their making).
They were at all times very positive, solutions driven and we felt they were always there to help – above and beyond what one would normally expect of an agency.
Working with them my whole team and I developed trust and respect for their expertise on both the creative and technical side.
Jane Gleave, Head of Communications & Marketing, CITB